It’s hard to find a dessert that is healthy and also tastes, well, like dessert. Enter “nice” cream! This dairy-free dessert is simply frozen bananas that are blended to the consistency of soft serve. It can be made in less than ten minutes (once the bananas are frozen) and only contains two ingredients: strawberries and bananas. It’s perfect for a warm summer day when you’re craving something sweet.
- Berries are one of my 3 Superfoods to Eat Every Day.
- Bananas often get a bad rap because of their sugar content. While not as nutrient-dense as berries, bananas are still a healthy food and should not be avoided. Most fruit contains some sugar, but it also contains a whole heap of other nutrients that are really good for us. Eating more fruit can lower your risk of high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart disease, cancer, obesity, and type-2 diabetes. The same cannot be said for Fruit Loops, fruit snacks, or fruit juice—so stick with whole fruit.
- 3 medium-sized, ripe, peeled, frozen bananas (cut them into 1-inch slices before freezing)
- 1 cup of chopped strawberries, plus more for topping, if desired
- Place the frozen banana slices into a food processor and process until a smooth consistency is achieved. This will take a little time, so be patient. You will occasionally need to scrape down the sides or break up any big chunks.
- Once the bananas are smooth, add the strawberries and process until everything is blended well.
- Enjoy right away if you prefer a softer consistency, otherwise scoop the "nice" cream into a bowl and put it back in the freezer for 1-2 hours to achieve a more solid consistency.
- Top with additional chopped strawberries before serving.