The best time to enjoy this tropical smoothie is while listening to reggae music on a warm, sunny beach. The second best time is any other time. I turn to this recipe for a quick and healthy breakfast, or as a refreshing and reenergizing snack. It’s loaded with nutrient-dense foods that will help you start the day off right, or provide a healthy and sustained energy boost during the day.
- Beta-carotene, which, when consumed from fruits and vegetables, may lower your cancer risk. It can also give your skin a healthy and natural glow!
- Potassium found in banana, oranges, and mango can help lower blood pressure and stroke risk.
- Turmeric and ginger are both known to help reduce total body inflammation, which is thought to play a role in most chronic diseases. The pinch of black pepper helps boosts our body’s absorption of turmeric.
- Hemp seeds are a great source of heart-healthy fat, plant-based protein, and fiber.
Oh, and shout-out to my wife, Lindsay, for being a better hand model than George Costanza.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 seedless orange, peeled (you can sub a yellow peach or nectarine depending on the season)
- 1 medium-large carrot, chopped
- 1.5 cups frozen mango, slightly thawed
- 3 tbsp hulled hemp seeds
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract (or sub 1 scoop of vanilla Sun Warrior protein)
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- 10 ice cubes
- ⅓ cup of cold water
- Place all ingredients in a blender (in order listed) and blend until smooth.